NATIONAL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY – March 2, 2018
Written by Manager on February 28th, 2018. Posted in Blog
Employees are one of a company’s greatest assets. Recognition and appreciation are known as one of the key motivational factors in the workplace.
National Employee Appreciation Day is observed annually on the first Friday in March. This day was created as a way of focusing the attention of all the employers in all industries on employee recognition. Businesses and organizations plan celebrations across the country recognizing the achievements and contributions of their employees.
Here’s How Your Business Can Show Your Employees Some Appreciation
- A Thank You Note – When a job has been done well, a heartfelt, hand-written thank you means more than a slap on the back or an e-mail sent off at the end of the day.
- Be Flexible – Flexibility goes a long way in this virtual reality world. And we are pressed with more distractions, challenges, and work/life balance than ever before. If possible with your industry, allowing a little flexibility can reap huge benefits when you need last minute work done.
- Team Effort Celebration – Upon team effort; reward them with an office party, casual dress day, or even close the office early so they can spend some well-earned time with family.
- Get Caught – Make sure the employee hears you telling someone else you thought they did a great job. A “that a boy” can go along way and shows appreciation to a job well done.
- Create a Culture of Encouragement – Employees who expand their horizons bring new skills to your workforce and will encourage others to do so too. Praise their achievements and encourage others to pursue their goals.