FAQ Inspection Reports
Written by Manager on June 30th, 2020. Posted in Blog
Q: I received a Commercial Self-Inspection Report from the West Chester Fire Department; should I fill it out?
A: Yes, please do! Typically the Fire Department does a full inspection of the whole complex, including suites, annually. This is to catch any potential fire hazards and also familiarize the department with our buildings. This year, in an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, Self-Inspection reports were mailed to each suite. I have completed one for the building and included all applicable inspections on sprinklers, fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
Please be reminded of the following common violations and make any changes necessary:
– Fuse Boxes must be visible and not covered by furniture or pictures.
– Extension Cords may not be used as a permanent electrical source.
– Power Strips may not be piggy backed off of each other.
– Boxes may not be stacked to the ceiling or blocking doors and units may not be used for excessive storage.
– Smoking is prohibited under the breezeway of the rear entrance and in any location that would allow smoke to drift into the building.
– Exit Light batteries and bulbs must be working.
We appreciate your assistance in completing these reports and returning them to the West Chester Fire Department. If you need further assistance, please contact the management office at 513-910-3029 or firstname.lastname@example.org